Little Rock, AR Truck Accident Attorneys
KNOW THE FACTS AFTER AN ACCIDENT
It is the job of insurance companies and the adjusters they hire to settle your accident and injury claim for the least amount of money. It is our job at Caddell Reynolds to settle your insurance claim for the most money. It’s that simple. We are your advocate and will go the distance to represent your best interests at all times. You deserve maximum compensation for your claim and should not have to face the insurance company alone. The harsh reality is that many insurance agents are paid bonuses to keep claims low and do not always have your best interest in mind.
Tractor trailer accidents occur daily in the United States. With so many trucks on the roads, working to transport goods throughout the country, drivers are pushed to maintain strict schedules and timelines. Often this alone can cause undue stress on truck drivers, which can lead to accidents.
WHAT CAN CAUSE A TRUCK ACCIDENT?
The trucking accident lawyers at Caddell Reynolds understand that the driver may share liability with other parties, including the following:
- Trucking companies – Drivers must follow the rules and regulations set forth by their employers. Companies may require them to drive too long without rest, put inexperienced drivers on long hauls before they are ready to handle them or even put trucks on the road with an imbalanced load or without proper maintenance.
- Maintenance personnel – Improper inspections or rushed maintenance can cause serious problems, particularly when brakes or tires are involved. Whether the maintenance personnel works for the company or maintenance is performed by an outside shop, a truck accident attorney needs to know the facts to ensure everyone responsible for an accident is named in a suit.
- Local, state and federal government – The true cause of a big vehicle accident may be an encounter with a sinkhole or other major road flaw that is the responsibility of local, state or even federal government. The attorneys at Caddell Reynolds have the skills and experience to pursue even these difficult cases.
Contact us Today for Help, You’ll be Glad You Did.
Caddell Reynolds has been serving Arkansas & Oklahoma clients for many years. Our experienced Little Rock truck accident attorneys are dedicated to finding solutions to problems for our clients. Contact us at one of our offices near you for a free consultation.
North Little Rock Office:
5515 JFK Boulevard, North Little Rock, AR 72116
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation about your case at our North Little Rock office, which is located at 5515 JFK Boulevard, North Little Rock. We can also meet at a location that is more convenient for you.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page, or call Caddell Reynolds Injury Law at 800-671-4100.
Little Rock, AR– The capital of Arkansas, Little Rock is the state’s largest municipality as well. With nearly 200,000 people, Little Rock’s mission is to ensure the city is safe, secure and prospering for all those who live there.
Little Rock Legal Resources:
Arkansas Bar Association– The ArkBar represents its members’ interests, provides money-saving services, promotes the profession, and alerts members to the issues created by proposed legislation that affect their law practice.
University of Arkansas School Of Law– The University of Arkansas School of Law is ranked among the top 10 “Values in Legal Education” and is among the top 42 public law schools, according to U.S. News and World Report. Students get to live in one of the nation’s “Best College Towns” before joining an international alumni network.
Pulaski County Judge – As chief executive officer of the county government, Judge Hyde has many responsibilities that fall under his scope of work. His goal for Pulaski County is to help create and sustain a stable county structure that is relationship driven, provides exceptional services and incorporates the latest technologies.
If you have been involved in a truck wreck in Oklahoma, the paperwork does not stop with a police report. You may need the services of an attorney who can do the investigative research needed to ensure you receive adequate and just compensation for the accident. When you hire an attorney, they build a case on your behalf while the trucking company’s attorneys work to find evidence against it. With the right Oklahoma truck accident lawyer on your side, you have have a better chance at receiving the financial help you deserve.
Little Rock Truck Accident Investigation and Reconstruction
After the truck accident, your attorney will begin the process of determining exactly what happened and why. A truck accident lawyer who is experienced in this field knows the many laws and regulations that truck drivers are required to follow. If the truck driver who caused your accident and injuries was not following those laws, there may be significant penalties for that driver.
Even when tractor-trailer drivers follow all laws, there are still risks just from the sheer size and weight of these vehicles. Your attorney will perform research on the driver, truck, and company in order to determine if there were problems or discrepancies that could have contributed to your accident. They can also go beyond police reports and doctor’s notes to reconstruct the accident. They will study the scene itself, weather conditions, witnesses, and more to fill in missing details.
Some of the information your attorney will collect includes:
- Whether the driver had a valid commercial driver’s license
- If the truck driver had past tickets or accidents
- Whether the vehicle was over the weight or size limit
- If there was any hazardous waste, and if proper regulations for it were followed
- If the weather conditions had an impact on the truck driver’s capabilities
- Whether witnesses saw anything not reported to the police
- What activity the driver’s cellular phone records shows
The more information your Oklahoma truck accident lawyer collects, the easier it will be for them to present a strong case and help you receive proper compensation for your injuries. This is why years of experience pays off as a truck accident lawyer; you should hire an attorney with a demonstrated record of investigative expertise.
How Your Lawyer Collects Information
The black box that records data in most vehicles can be very helpful to any attorney investigating a truck wreck in Oklahoma caused by a tractor-trailer or big rig. The recorded data will provide details such as:
- The exact location of the vehicle when the accident occurred
- The speed of the truck’s engine at the time of the accident
- Whether the brakes were used, and when they were applied
That information can be used to show whether the truck driver was at fault or somewhat negligent, which is one of the ways your attorney can prove your case against the driver.
In addition to the black box, truck drivers are required to keep detailed logs of the hours they drive, the hours they sleep, and the hours of down time they get in between.
If you have been involved in a truck wreck in Oklahoma, your attorney will ask for the logbook records of the truck driver who was involved in the accident with you. That can help the attorney determine if the truck driver was legally allowed to be driving at the time the accident took place.
Your attorney will also ask for other documentation from the trucking company, such as:
- Work orders for the truck
- Any repair orders or receipts
- Maintenance logs to show the vehicle had been properly cared for
- Inspection reports for the truck
Armed with that information, an Oklahoma truck accident lawyer can provide you with a strong defense and help you get the compensation you deserve from the truck driver and company that caused the accident.
If you are looking for an Oklahoma truck accident lawyer, contact Nolan Caddell Reynolds at 866-242-0452 today for a free consultation.